My reflection on this subject may be premature. It may even fall short of giving it the justice it deserves. With that said, I may travel back to it when all is said and done, but until then I suppose "starting this" is a way to begin to say "thank YOU."

Nearly four years ago I joined a group of women who made a choice to take one hour for themselves each morning. Although we weren't technically alone, each mom bravely pushed their one to three (even four sometimes) children up the hill off of Grant Ave in Fort Leavenworth, KS. Our fearless leader, Meghan Argo, provided us more than just an opportunity to Sweat Like A Mother; she allowed us to feel safe, loved and appreciated. Her ability to see the light in every single woman she met was and still is purely organic and above all, genuine.
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas is a hidden gem in the sense that every eleven months, a new rotation of military families PCS to complete CGSC (high likelihood). This means you have eleven very short months to meet, greet and love on a new mama. And if you are lucky, some of them may even stick around for another year to complete the SAMs course. While the time you have is short-lived, the bonds you form are some of the most fulfilling and honest relationships you could ever hope to find.

The 'thank you' portion to this fulfillment and honesty is hard to describe. The group of women who have rotated through the past four years are ones that see the world a little differently. They have the greatest appreciation for what sacrifice means and do not hesitate when it must be made. They are seasoned pros at "saying goodbye"--even when it isn't fair. They don't rely on family members to raise their children or have someone watch them while they run to the library or go to Target. Their ability to "handle it" is never met with an expectation of applause or praise; instead it is the face of humility.
My gratitude towards YOU (you know who you are) is more than finishing 100 burpees or running beside me for 13.1 miles. It is more than a high five for completing a killer EMOM or being at the start of a race. It is more than just pushing 70lbs of "child" in a stroller. In fact, it surpasses any physical demand that you could place on me. It is the emotional impact that has left me feeling whole.
(Not just coming from me)
It was the gratitude for being their when my husband was deployed. It was showing up on my doorstep with dinner because our house had the plague. It was driving to the hospital in the middle of the night to be with me when no one else could. It was taking my baby out of my arms so I could have "a moment". It was stopping me, looking me in the eyes and saying, "I see you. I see what you do. And I appreciate you." It was the simple reach for my hand and telling me to breathe that made me keep going. It was supporting a cause that impacted my family directly. It was telling me, "You Are Enough" during my postpartum anxiety/depression. It was sitting with me in silence during my miscarriage. It was becoming my son's godmother. It was the acknowledgement I hadn't heard for awhile. It was the appreciation I hadn't felt. It was the hug I didn't know I needed.
To every single one of you, thank you for your support, guidance, belief, humility and sacrifice. This is more than just one hour of sweat, it is a group who support and believe in one another. It is a community that I do not take for granted and will forever be indebted to.
Find your tribe, love them hard.
Thank YOU will never quite suffice.
But please know that I do and always will be grateful.
Love,
Beth

Nearly four years ago I joined a group of women who made a choice to take one hour for themselves each morning. Although we weren't technically alone, each mom bravely pushed their one to three (even four sometimes) children up the hill off of Grant Ave in Fort Leavenworth, KS. Our fearless leader, Meghan Argo, provided us more than just an opportunity to Sweat Like A Mother; she allowed us to feel safe, loved and appreciated. Her ability to see the light in every single woman she met was and still is purely organic and above all, genuine.Fort Leavenworth, Kansas is a hidden gem in the sense that every eleven months, a new rotation of military families PCS to complete CGSC (high likelihood). This means you have eleven very short months to meet, greet and love on a new mama. And if you are lucky, some of them may even stick around for another year to complete the SAMs course. While the time you have is short-lived, the bonds you form are some of the most fulfilling and honest relationships you could ever hope to find.

The 'thank you' portion to this fulfillment and honesty is hard to describe. The group of women who have rotated through the past four years are ones that see the world a little differently. They have the greatest appreciation for what sacrifice means and do not hesitate when it must be made. They are seasoned pros at "saying goodbye"--even when it isn't fair. They don't rely on family members to raise their children or have someone watch them while they run to the library or go to Target. Their ability to "handle it" is never met with an expectation of applause or praise; instead it is the face of humility.My gratitude towards YOU (you know who you are) is more than finishing 100 burpees or running beside me for 13.1 miles. It is more than a high five for completing a killer EMOM or being at the start of a race. It is more than just pushing 70lbs of "child" in a stroller. In fact, it surpasses any physical demand that you could place on me. It is the emotional impact that has left me feeling whole.
(Not just coming from me)It was the gratitude for being their when my husband was deployed. It was showing up on my doorstep with dinner because our house had the plague. It was driving to the hospital in the middle of the night to be with me when no one else could. It was taking my baby out of my arms so I could have "a moment". It was stopping me, looking me in the eyes and saying, "I see you. I see what you do. And I appreciate you." It was the simple reach for my hand and telling me to breathe that made me keep going. It was supporting a cause that impacted my family directly. It was telling me, "You Are Enough" during my postpartum anxiety/depression. It was sitting with me in silence during my miscarriage. It was becoming my son's godmother. It was the acknowledgement I hadn't heard for awhile. It was the appreciation I hadn't felt. It was the hug I didn't know I needed.
To every single one of you, thank you for your support, guidance, belief, humility and sacrifice. This is more than just one hour of sweat, it is a group who support and believe in one another. It is a community that I do not take for granted and will forever be indebted to.
Find your tribe, love them hard.
Thank YOU will never quite suffice.
But please know that I do and always will be grateful.
Love,
Beth

