Blink

{If I would do it all over again, I may have stared longer. I may have watched you closer. I may have held on tighter for a few more seconds.}

The milestones were bound to happen and with you every single one of them has been triumphant. And last week wasn't no different. You met it with an open heart and a joyful response. But when I walked away from you---sitting there with a hundred other kids, I couldn't help but feel like I should stop and stare a bit longer. While this specific milestone of starting Kindergarten is one of saying goodbye (as parents), it has become even more of a "hello."

"Hello, my name is James."

"Hello, I have new friends."

"Hello, I learned to read."

"Hello, I asked someone to play with me and they said yes!"

The "hellos" of your life just got more abundant and with all the new, exciting adventures ahead, I can't help but feel a bit sentimental, proud and scared (shocking, right).

Ever since you came into this world, sweet baby James, your eyes radiated the most beautiful cerulean blue color. And what many don't know is that the brightness of your eyes reflects your compassion, sensitivity and love you have for life and others.

We blinked and you were starting Kindergarten.............................................




Love,
The Seidl Scouts