I married a true boy scout.
I fell in love with this part of him the moment I met him.
He is a lone survivor by trait.
He keeps to himself. He fends for himself.
He works his ass off to achieve greatness. He is annoyingly competitive (pro).
He can easily live off the land.
He evaluates what is around him and appreciates what it has to offer.
He can sew and throw knots better than a seasoned seamstress.
He doesn't expect anything in return--only to listen, learn and make a memory along the way.
And he does it all humbly.
I love watching him in his element. In all his elements.
Doing so has brought me some of my greatest joys because he does it effortlessly and without any expectation to receive praise. But this is him not only out in the woods or hiking or fishing or setting up camp--this is him every single day.
I am just the lucky one who stands by, listens and recognizes how remarkable this man is--one who has worked so damn hard these past seven years. It isn't every day you meet someone who strives to be better, stronger, and more knowledgeable. Our time has been challenging---a period of time that most will never understand. But with you, I have found a deeper understanding of sacrifice.
What it means.
What it does to a marriage.
What it does to a family.
Your humility, intelligence, diligence and love makes this life better--and I am eternally grateful for this adventure with you.
Love,
B
I fell in love with this part of him the moment I met him.
He is a lone survivor by trait.
He keeps to himself. He fends for himself.
He works his ass off to achieve greatness. He is annoyingly competitive (pro).
He can easily live off the land.
He evaluates what is around him and appreciates what it has to offer.
He can sew and throw knots better than a seasoned seamstress.
He doesn't expect anything in return--only to listen, learn and make a memory along the way.
And he does it all humbly.
I love watching him in his element. In all his elements.
Doing so has brought me some of my greatest joys because he does it effortlessly and without any expectation to receive praise. But this is him not only out in the woods or hiking or fishing or setting up camp--this is him every single day.
I am just the lucky one who stands by, listens and recognizes how remarkable this man is--one who has worked so damn hard these past seven years. It isn't every day you meet someone who strives to be better, stronger, and more knowledgeable. Our time has been challenging---a period of time that most will never understand. But with you, I have found a deeper understanding of sacrifice.
What it means.
What it does to a marriage.
What it does to a family.
Your humility, intelligence, diligence and love makes this life better--and I am eternally grateful for this adventure with you.
Love,
B