time.

As of recently, I have felt exceedingly anxious when it comes to time. I have felt the need to try and hold onto the seconds, minutes and hours a bit tighter. I've becoming alarmingly protective of where the days go and what I witness. The innocence still catches my breath and there are moments I am so taken back by the beauty I become somber because I fear it will be gone.

I have selfishly begun to rock you to sleep. To feel your heartbeat. To hear your respiration. To smell the remnants of soap from bath time. I am clinging to the small things---yet still loudly applaud the big moments. It is unclear as to why I have felt this way and even more hazy as to why I've become so afraid that you will no longer be small.

The passing of time is inevitable. It happens to us---we age, we experience and we (are supposed to) mature. However, in these moments of his life (and James')----I sometimes wish time could standstill.