Have you ever experienced a 12 to 13 hour day that you desperately wanted to end as soon as it began? And no, this isn't the typical, "I spilled coffee on myself" rant. (Although that isn't fun. And it burns. And I hate wasted coffee.)
Needless to say, from the moment my precious two year old awoke from his slumber---the day didn't seem to be on his side or he wasn't on the right side of the day---whatever. Therefore, due to this feud between the two--Henry and I were left to watch the dramatic, painful and fit-filled day unfold. So we did. And we endured a lot of time-outs, a lot of "sorry Henry" and even more bear hugs until the tears dissipated all over our tornadic-looking home.
We emerged to a whole new attitude once dinner was complete and bath time began. We seemed to wash away all bumps, pouty lips and "I didn't get what I wanted" tantrums. I felt as though Baby Magic really was "magic" and I could conquer all things.
But then I failed miserably. (Which I do quite often)
You see, during our last Mickey episode, James excused himself ever so politely from the couch and screamed , "POOPY MOMMY POOPY!" James achieved greatness and squeezed out a hefty brownie into his potty. Hooray James!!
Henry started to squeal because I had to stop mid-feed in order to help James and then got distracted by the fact I also left muffins burning in the oven.
I swear it had only been one maybe two minutes when I heard James scream, "No scrubbies! Eating poop!"
Yes, I failed. Because at that moment when you have your toddler bent over watching your dog eat his poop----while you hold your nine month old on your side with an oven mitt on the other hand---you stop and say NOTHING. You laugh. You laugh because you are in awe of the situation. You laugh because your toddler is watching the family dog eat his feces. And you laugh because you, yes you, could've prevented the entire thing just by flushing poop down the toilet or at least closing the lid momentarily. But I didn't. And this was how the night ended. Dog eats two year old's poop. Two year old smiles and goes back to watching Mickey Mouse and you finish feeding the baby his bottle without even being fazed.
I let scrubs finish. (Yep)
Love
Exhausted mom today, new mommy tomorrow
Needless to say, from the moment my precious two year old awoke from his slumber---the day didn't seem to be on his side or he wasn't on the right side of the day---whatever. Therefore, due to this feud between the two--Henry and I were left to watch the dramatic, painful and fit-filled day unfold. So we did. And we endured a lot of time-outs, a lot of "sorry Henry" and even more bear hugs until the tears dissipated all over our tornadic-looking home.
We emerged to a whole new attitude once dinner was complete and bath time began. We seemed to wash away all bumps, pouty lips and "I didn't get what I wanted" tantrums. I felt as though Baby Magic really was "magic" and I could conquer all things.
But then I failed miserably. (Which I do quite often)
You see, during our last Mickey episode, James excused himself ever so politely from the couch and screamed , "POOPY MOMMY POOPY!" James achieved greatness and squeezed out a hefty brownie into his potty. Hooray James!!
Henry started to squeal because I had to stop mid-feed in order to help James and then got distracted by the fact I also left muffins burning in the oven.
I swear it had only been one maybe two minutes when I heard James scream, "No scrubbies! Eating poop!"
Yes, I failed. Because at that moment when you have your toddler bent over watching your dog eat his poop----while you hold your nine month old on your side with an oven mitt on the other hand---you stop and say NOTHING. You laugh. You laugh because you are in awe of the situation. You laugh because your toddler is watching the family dog eat his feces. And you laugh because you, yes you, could've prevented the entire thing just by flushing poop down the toilet or at least closing the lid momentarily. But I didn't. And this was how the night ended. Dog eats two year old's poop. Two year old smiles and goes back to watching Mickey Mouse and you finish feeding the baby his bottle without even being fazed.
I let scrubs finish. (Yep)
Love
Exhausted mom today, new mommy tomorrow