UnPlugged

We are all a part of an infectious and addictive behavior that has become more paramount than we may ever admit. We are constantly plugged in. Our society is over-saturated with the amount of instantaneous information we can share with others--family, friends and strangers. There isn't a sense of privacy because we are constantly contributing to the "norm"---posting, commenting, liking, etc.

And right now---as I am blogging--I am guilty. I am guilty of all of it.

However, in the last two weeks I have decided to make a slight change. No, I am not quitting social media cold turkey---because I have always known I (like many others) spend way too much time on them; yet I never did anything to modify the situation.

Facebook has been deleted from my phone.



I no longer want to miss a smile, a giggle or an accomplishment from one of my boys because I had my head down staring at a phone. That's sad---even writing ----but the actual act of it makes me want to vomit. I don't want to lay next to my husband, whom I rarely see, and be wasting our time on pictures, statuses and trips---because in the end, is it that important?

I look at it this way---the relationships I hold near and dear to my heart are ones that will exist without a piece of social media. A letter will be written. A card can be sent. A phone call can be made. A picture can be taken and shared with he/she/them.

But please, let me stress that I am not quitting social media---I am just making myself more aware of how I spend my time. I am making myself more CONSCIENCE and THERE to those around me and the beauty that life offers all of us.

Becoming a little more unplugged, you could say.

Love,
The Seidl Sprouts