QuikTrip

I will tell you what---those gas stations like QuikTrip, Kum&Go, QwikkyMart, JiffyStop and other various names for which I can't even begin to understand, let alone spell WRONG---all try to be universally convenient and efficient.

For me, the trip back to Iowa with Henry felt as if I needed to be as fast and efficient as possible; not finding much time to go about my day leisurely or slow for that matter. There was so much to do, people to see/meet and things to accomplish. I can't say I was successful in the least bit because I wanted more time. I wanted to sit and have a conversation that lasted hours rather than thirty minutes. I wanted to be able to kick my feet up and catch up with friends who deserved more time.

However, I can't complain because the time Henry and I did get was very much appreciated! We were pampered and spoiled at the WoodPile---I seriously can't even put into words how grateful I am for Chelsey and Pat! It was truly a sight to behold having Rowen and Henry lay next to one another---a scene that brought me back to the Lennon and James days. (tears)

And reuniting with other  friends was essential and necessary---it had been far too long! Catching up on work, relationships, family members and plans for the coming months was exactly what I needed to feel like I was back in my element. It made me miss......home. It made me miss everyone so much more.

The wedding of Amy and Kelly was beautiful---the venue alone was a sight to behold. Wishing them so many wonderful years of wedded bliss!


Lastly, to see Great Grandpa Henry meet little Henry was perfection. Grandpa Henry had so much pride and love in his eyes---I just wish Jamie would've been able to witness it all. Practically the entire Seidl clan showed up for little Henry's baptism---along with godparents Chelsey and Pat and a sweet, sweet, surprise arrival from Jessica and Joel--which meant a lot!! It is cool to know that both James and Henry were baptized at the same place as their dad---I dunno....just something special for us!

I want to say thank you to everyone who I saw and apologize for those I didn't. I promise when we come back in April it won't be as if I am running in and out of a QuikTrip---but more like I am shacking up at an Extended Stay. =)




From the state that is currently getting snow!!!
The Seidl Sprouts