I wasn't prepared.
I wasn't packed.
I wasn't remotely anticipating the arrival of him----at that moment.
To my surprise and many of my loved ones---I didn't have a hospital bag packed. Jamie and I were consumed by James, getting prepared for the Chicago trip and outlining the schedule for the next two months. The idea of Henry coming early crossed my mind of course, but I had never thought October 30, 2013 at 2:00am would give me a new miracle.
I do not. I repeat, do not use that term loosely or provide you with some cliche description of what it feels like to bring a baby into this world. I really mean---miracle. They are a miracle from the moment of conception all the way to the moment you hear his/her first scream. And trust me, you want to hear that scream. There is no sound quite like it.
He arrived early and although I didn't have a hospital bag packed---I left my amazing neighbor and most of all friend to just pick up the chaos that consumed our house and James. She was and will remain such a blessing to us. There are no words that can possibly describe how we would've been able to handle James and life if she hadn't been there to take over so graciously and effortlessly.
And then the rest of our neighbors---how extraordinary. We have truly been surrounded by loving and generous people who literally would do anything to make sure the transition from hospital to home ----from one baby to two babies goes smoothly. A sigh of relief every time I think of it.
So, I was surprised. Jamie was surprised. Our family was surprised. And as I write this and stare at Henry as he breathes in and out---I am still in awe that he is here.
Love,
The Seidl Sprouts
I wasn't packed.
I wasn't remotely anticipating the arrival of him----at that moment.
To my surprise and many of my loved ones---I didn't have a hospital bag packed. Jamie and I were consumed by James, getting prepared for the Chicago trip and outlining the schedule for the next two months. The idea of Henry coming early crossed my mind of course, but I had never thought October 30, 2013 at 2:00am would give me a new miracle.
I do not. I repeat, do not use that term loosely or provide you with some cliche description of what it feels like to bring a baby into this world. I really mean---miracle. They are a miracle from the moment of conception all the way to the moment you hear his/her first scream. And trust me, you want to hear that scream. There is no sound quite like it.
He arrived early and although I didn't have a hospital bag packed---I left my amazing neighbor and most of all friend to just pick up the chaos that consumed our house and James. She was and will remain such a blessing to us. There are no words that can possibly describe how we would've been able to handle James and life if she hadn't been there to take over so graciously and effortlessly.
And then the rest of our neighbors---how extraordinary. We have truly been surrounded by loving and generous people who literally would do anything to make sure the transition from hospital to home ----from one baby to two babies goes smoothly. A sigh of relief every time I think of it.
So, I was surprised. Jamie was surprised. Our family was surprised. And as I write this and stare at Henry as he breathes in and out---I am still in awe that he is here.
Love,
The Seidl Sprouts