Many of us exist in a methodical way. We can't help but maintain some sort of normalcy by doing the same thing day in and day out. Our routines can sometimes even define us.
The alarm clock set at "that" specific time---conscious that our hand will insist on hitting snooze once, twice, maybe even three times before we crawl out of bed in a dazed stupor and land in the shower.
Some of us may unconsciously venture to the coffee machine before even thinking of cleansing the aroma of night sweats from our bodies. Liquid courage to get us through the day is the only thing that is keeping us from calling in sick or potentially re-enrolling in classes just to relive our glory "collegiate" days.
Or maybe it isn't so methodical for some of us. We let the day throw itself at us without any expectation of whether someone is going to cut us off on our way to work or if the coffee machine is going to be broken and the Starbucks' line is longer than the amount of animals waiting to hop on Noah's ark.
Who the hell knows.
We live or die by our routines---at least some of us do.
The other miniscule human race may just be up for the challenge of not setting the same alarm each day, mixing up whether or not they really want to wash their hair or if they can steer clear of the sausage egg McMuffin and go for a brick laying coffee cake straight to the GI track. Some of us may just be spontaneous enough to do this and be okay with it.
I......well.....I like routine. I like the sense of knowing what I am doing, when I am doing it and what to somewhat expect. However......cue the music.....since staying home and having a more 'lax schedule....I have drifted towards the easier going human being I never thought I could become. I knew even before James came along all I kept hearing was "schedule, schedule, schedule" when it comes to a baby. And yes, there is a great deal of truth to this because it truly helps the child---but what I think I loved most about how Jamie and I handled a newborn was our ability to be adaptable.
Adaptability is the challenge for me---maybe for you. I have been trying to challenge our routine each day or week. Whether it is because we have an appointment, a play date, work stuff or visitor---I am making a great effort to challenge what we do---so we experience, learn or see something new.
Just random thoughts, I suppose.
Love
The Seidl Sprouts
SCREW IT......GO NAKED!!!!!
The alarm clock set at "that" specific time---conscious that our hand will insist on hitting snooze once, twice, maybe even three times before we crawl out of bed in a dazed stupor and land in the shower.
Some of us may unconsciously venture to the coffee machine before even thinking of cleansing the aroma of night sweats from our bodies. Liquid courage to get us through the day is the only thing that is keeping us from calling in sick or potentially re-enrolling in classes just to relive our glory "collegiate" days.
Or maybe it isn't so methodical for some of us. We let the day throw itself at us without any expectation of whether someone is going to cut us off on our way to work or if the coffee machine is going to be broken and the Starbucks' line is longer than the amount of animals waiting to hop on Noah's ark.
Who the hell knows.
We live or die by our routines---at least some of us do.
The other miniscule human race may just be up for the challenge of not setting the same alarm each day, mixing up whether or not they really want to wash their hair or if they can steer clear of the sausage egg McMuffin and go for a brick laying coffee cake straight to the GI track. Some of us may just be spontaneous enough to do this and be okay with it.
I......well.....I like routine. I like the sense of knowing what I am doing, when I am doing it and what to somewhat expect. However......cue the music.....since staying home and having a more 'lax schedule....I have drifted towards the easier going human being I never thought I could become. I knew even before James came along all I kept hearing was "schedule, schedule, schedule" when it comes to a baby. And yes, there is a great deal of truth to this because it truly helps the child---but what I think I loved most about how Jamie and I handled a newborn was our ability to be adaptable.
Adaptability is the challenge for me---maybe for you. I have been trying to challenge our routine each day or week. Whether it is because we have an appointment, a play date, work stuff or visitor---I am making a great effort to challenge what we do---so we experience, learn or see something new.
Just random thoughts, I suppose.
Love
The Seidl Sprouts
SCREW IT......GO NAKED!!!!!