Time with Bone.

I've been incredibly spoiled the past two weeks as my mom made her first official visit to Georgia. The excitement leading up to seeing her was overwhelming and reuniting was nothing short of not only a necessity but also a void that needed to be filled rather quickly. Picking her up, smile plastered on her face that made the beating Georgia sun seem dim, I couldn't help but squeal with excitement as I was able to wrap my arms around her.

So our two week adventure began. We were two peas in a pod---incessantly laughing about the small things. I never felt the pressure to necessarily have to entertain my mom as she just wanted to be around us. She wanted to relax---kick up her feet and swollen knee and call it a day! And I feel like that's exactly what we did. She joined James and I every single morning on our walk. We ran errands. We mastered great grandma Lynn's/grandma Karabatsos' cinnamon roll recipe, read the same books to James over a thousand times, visited different antique shops, went to the pool, attended story time and ventured to Savannah for a day. All in all we spent our time at the house....relaxing and playing with James. She gave me such a peacefulness while she was here. She keeps me in check and helps me to be more patient.

We were able to talk quite a bit which if you know my mom----the conversations are always meaningful, articulate and well worth a listening ear. She makes sense of things. I couldn't have been more lucky to have her.....to watch her read to James and have him intently sit on her lap waiting for the next page to turn. It was certainly precious.

But today was our last day until we meet again in six weeks. The silence overcame me as I stepped back into the house after dropping her off at the airport. Not a silence I enjoyed. But I am hopeful the next six weeks will push forward with ease and we will be reunited with that same joy!

Love
The Seidl Sprouts