Southern Life.

I am alive. We are alive.
The only difference is our surroundings have changed and what we considered "home" for so many years seems so far away at this point.

Welcome to the good ol' Southern Life---Georgia style. We have officially been here a little over a month (how time flies) and I can honestly say we are feeling settled. This may be because of Jamie's type A personality in the realm of organization or it may be because we both were able to knock out a ton of stuff together before residency started. Either way, the boxes were all unpacked, flattened and sent to the recycle center. Throughout our house the only clutter you will find are the vast amounts of frames/artwork that has yet to be hung-----shocking right? Beth doesn't have her knick knacks up!?!?!  (in time....in time)

 So we are settled. Settled in the sense we have our clothes put away, kitchen is in place, tv mounted on the wall and furniture ready to be used. But are we settled in the other sense?? The comfortable sense? The at ease sense? The "home" sense?

Probably not. But all that will come in time and I think we have made great strides in finding that by exploring different parks, going for family bike rides and even heading to the Atlanta Zoo. Selfishly, I have clung to my husband this past month as his schedule allowed him to go through orientation and in-processing from 8am-5pm most days. Therefore, we were able to have dinner together as a family and share the role as parents with James.

Fast forward to this Monday----not the case and those days are long gone. I say this not for pity nor sympathy---only factually speaking because Jamie "STARTED" residency----seeing his own patients, prescribing medications and working some long ass hours! Welcome to a very new way of life-----a sleep deprived first year resident and a single parent----both knowing this will not be an easy first year but up for the challenge.

I fully intend on posting more later on our adventures but until then.....I need to lay down and put my already swollen, preggo feet up!

Much Love from Down South.
The Seidl Sprouts