Preparation, Preparation, Preparation

Let's face it. It takes a hell of a lot of work to organize, pack and have the guts to leave your driveway when you are venturing to a different city, state or country with a baby. One must be able to think outside of the box, in case something comes up---which it always does. Traveling with a baby takes work! But I am not here complaining about it----I traveled with James at three months---and although it was incredible how I pushed a stroller with a locked carrier (baby inside), one giant suitcase, an overstuffed diaper bag and purse all in my hands is still beyond my comprehension. But I did it. Maybe not gracefully but I accomplished it seven months ago.

Fast forward.

This time around, there will be no baby in toe. Instead, mom and dad will be leaving baby J in the care of Grandmas and Grandpas. (Heart pounding)

(Sweat above the brow)

(Knot in stomach)

Deep breaths, Beth, Deep Breaths.

Will he survive? Of coure he will.
Will I survive? Of course I will (with the help of Jamie telling me to breathe).

I trust Jamie's parents. I trust my parents. Both Jamie and I turned out okay---kind of?
But now that we are on the flip-side of things and not taking James, I have realized there is far more preparation in leaving him than bringing him. Because we know him, his tendancies, his schedule, etc---we are able to handle anything (sometimes) he throws our way--no matter where we are located. But with us being gone, we have to leave it all up to four other individuals who aren't necessarily privvy to all of this.

No, don't worry, I am not typing out a 20 page document of how to take care of my child---it actually only consists of 2 pages. It touches on three things: FOOD, PLAY, SLEEP. That's it. When and what he eats. When he naps/sleeps. And the rest of the time the little nugget is playing. Not too difficult, right?

But.....you knew there was going to be a but......James is currently cutting back on the amount of formula and we are increasing the amount of solids. This is where my anxiety gets the best of me and I start freaking out about whether or not he will get enough to eat? Will he sleep through the night? Will he get sick?

I can prepare all I want. I get that. I can prepare for the best. I can prepare for the worse.

Thankfully, there is Chelsey. DEAR BABY JESUS thank you there is Chelsey. You best believe her phone number will be plastered all over if the grandparents have questions----as she is the ONE who knows James better than me most times. So this gives me clarity and a much needed "zen" type feeling.

You can always prepare----but at the end of the day, you just have to trust it all.

Love,
The Seidl Sprouts