I've always had a problem with selfishness.
Not just selfish people but doing selfish things.
I say this not to sound like Mother Theresa, but more as a fact because I have always regarded "selfishness" as negative. I feel as though it doesn't do anyone any good when you are acting selfishly or thinking selfishly.
But then I had a come to Jesus thought.........there are two types of SELFISH.
1. A person who is selfish all the time and makes decisions based on their own self-interest 99.9% of the time and rarely ever think about anyone but herself/himself.
or
2. A person who isn't selfish but once in awhile does something selfishly.
GOSH THAT JUST GOT REALLY CONFUSING.
What I am saying is this----in two days I am departing to Denver to spend four glorious days with Ms. Emily June and Jessica and there is so much of me that feels extremely guilty.
Guilty because I am leaving my little nugget for the very first time for an extended period of time and leaving Jamie to do it all---the feedings, the naps, the crying, the diapers and the middle of the night stuff. Yes, Grandma Bone will be here during the day but it still is alot to handle. Am I secretly nervous and anxious that I won't be able to control the entire situation while I am gone--absolutely!! I feel as though I am acting selfishly by taking this trip.
But then there is a flip-side----is there such a thing where one can be selfish at a given moment and benefit others? I have come to realize that this may EXIST! (Lightbulb just went off)
The truth is.....sometimes we all have to take mental breaks, physical breaks, spiritual breaks or even crazy breaks just to get ourselves back on track so we can be the best possible "ME" we can be. I have seriously come to realize this.
Whether it is a quick 25 minute run or going to the grocery store by myself or going and getting pampered at Aveda's Holiday Open House (THANK YOU CHELSEY).....it is extremely important to take that "selfish" time and refresh, reboot and be better. Because honestly, those short moments or longer moments help me be a better wife, mother, friend, sister and person.
(side note: not promoting 99.9% selfish people---promise)
When is the last time you took some "ME TIME"??
Love
The SeidlSprouts
Not just selfish people but doing selfish things.
I say this not to sound like Mother Theresa, but more as a fact because I have always regarded "selfishness" as negative. I feel as though it doesn't do anyone any good when you are acting selfishly or thinking selfishly.
But then I had a come to Jesus thought.........there are two types of SELFISH.
1. A person who is selfish all the time and makes decisions based on their own self-interest 99.9% of the time and rarely ever think about anyone but herself/himself.
or
2. A person who isn't selfish but once in awhile does something selfishly.
GOSH THAT JUST GOT REALLY CONFUSING.
What I am saying is this----in two days I am departing to Denver to spend four glorious days with Ms. Emily June and Jessica and there is so much of me that feels extremely guilty.
Guilty because I am leaving my little nugget for the very first time for an extended period of time and leaving Jamie to do it all---the feedings, the naps, the crying, the diapers and the middle of the night stuff. Yes, Grandma Bone will be here during the day but it still is alot to handle. Am I secretly nervous and anxious that I won't be able to control the entire situation while I am gone--absolutely!! I feel as though I am acting selfishly by taking this trip.
But then there is a flip-side----is there such a thing where one can be selfish at a given moment and benefit others? I have come to realize that this may EXIST! (Lightbulb just went off)
The truth is.....sometimes we all have to take mental breaks, physical breaks, spiritual breaks or even crazy breaks just to get ourselves back on track so we can be the best possible "ME" we can be. I have seriously come to realize this.
Whether it is a quick 25 minute run or going to the grocery store by myself or going and getting pampered at Aveda's Holiday Open House (THANK YOU CHELSEY).....it is extremely important to take that "selfish" time and refresh, reboot and be better. Because honestly, those short moments or longer moments help me be a better wife, mother, friend, sister and person.
(side note: not promoting 99.9% selfish people---promise)
When is the last time you took some "ME TIME"??
Love
The SeidlSprouts