Falling into rhythm....

Fall has certainly been among us for over a month and the chill has overcome the leaves as well as our bones. And of course it will only get colder---hence the anticipation of a bitterly cold Iowa winter. There are always pros and cons as I love layering in nice warm clothes and curling up on the couch with some hot cocoa. The con is when I have to take Scrubs out in the bitter cold to do business and I instantly lose feeling in my cheeks.

As for updates, we have been going non-stop with work, friends, family, activities and beginning to plan for the holidays! I can't believe we will be celebrating our very own 1st Thanksgiving and Christmas with the little man. To think that I was pregnant at this time last year still baffles me! I am obviously looking forward to it all and showing James all my Christmas decorations!!! AHHHHHH!!! Bring on the Christmas lights, stockings, trees and Christmas Carols!!

Since Jamie has returned we have started James on fruits and veggies---which he LOVES for the most part.
Favorites:
Sweet Potatoes
Carrots
Peaches
Bananas (very limited amount due to reflux)



Disgusted by:
Prunes
Peas



Jamie also is helping out with MBA basketball---the 7th Grade team for Dowling! And I just finalized plan to go on a girls trip out to see Ms. Emma June!!! Five weeks can't come soon enough---don't get me wrong, I love every single second with my little man, but I think "mommy" needs a little vacay!! And what better way than to go to Denver!!! So those plane tickets were booked last night! Yippee!!!!

This weekend Jamie is out of town in Philadelphia taking the last part of his national boards. This is the portion of the test where he will see 12 patients back to back to back (etc) and only given 14 minutes. CRAZY!! He is with his friend Tim so they will be celebrating tonight once they are finished---so I have been saying lots of prayers! I can't tell Jamie or anyone enough how truly, truly proud I am of him. He has worked so hard these past four years and I am so excited to see him walk across that stage in May and receive his degree in Medicine!!

Finally, last weekend I was surprised with sushi and wine from my girls....and seriously....all I do is laugh and wet my pants when I am with them! They even put up with my mommy stuff while we all participated in bath time.....4 women, 1 baby in a very small bathroom made for alot of laughter and of course wine was in our hands the entire time!!! Thank you girls!!!