I don't give him enough recognition. Enough praise. Or even enough acknowledgement that I should.
Jamie.
From the moment I spotted him in the SEA-TAC international airport parking ramp--my breath caught in the middle of my throat. I was taken back for a moment. A good moment. There he was---my husband and I felt like it had been months and months since I had seen that smile. In all actuality, it had only been three weeks and that was long enough. And as I look back on our trip to Washington state, I can honestly tell you that those butterflies still exist. The gut wrenching ache when I left him is still there. (Sappy, I know--but incredibly true.)
What I am trying to say is that as hard as it may be for me to be without him and taking care of our son alone---it is that much harder for him to be away from us. And I recognized that in his eyes as he kissed us both goodbye three days later.
It makes me appreciate what he is doing for our family---and acknowledge that great sacrifice will (hopefully) bring great accomplishment.
John Keats once wrote, "“You are always new. The last of your kisses was even the sweetest; the last smile the brightest; the last movement
the gracefullest.”
And so true it is for the way I feel for him.
Love,
The Seidl Sprouts
Jamie.
From the moment I spotted him in the SEA-TAC international airport parking ramp--my breath caught in the middle of my throat. I was taken back for a moment. A good moment. There he was---my husband and I felt like it had been months and months since I had seen that smile. In all actuality, it had only been three weeks and that was long enough. And as I look back on our trip to Washington state, I can honestly tell you that those butterflies still exist. The gut wrenching ache when I left him is still there. (Sappy, I know--but incredibly true.)
What I am trying to say is that as hard as it may be for me to be without him and taking care of our son alone---it is that much harder for him to be away from us. And I recognized that in his eyes as he kissed us both goodbye three days later.
It makes me appreciate what he is doing for our family---and acknowledge that great sacrifice will (hopefully) bring great accomplishment.
John Keats once wrote, "“You are always new. The last of your kisses was even the sweetest; the last smile the brightest; the last movement
the gracefullest.”
And so true it is for the way I feel for him.
Love,
The Seidl Sprouts