one week 2 go.

We have one week to go until Jamie departs on his rotation/interviews.
The date has been circled on our calendars for quite some time not with smiley faces, hearts or exclamation marks---but more as a day that we wanted to avoid but knew it would come.

I sit here as we just wrapped up a wonderful weekend watching our friends get married and spent some much needed quality time with my side of the family. Grandma Bone and Grandpa Greg took James for an extra hour as Jamie and I hit the dance floor, laughed and spent some QT with Colleen and Andrew. I have to say, anytime a wedding comes around Jamie swings me around a dance floor as if he is a professional. And all I can do is laugh becuase I can't imagine how silly we look.

I woke up this morning---with many tears as I knew that in a week he would be gone for 10 1/2 weeks. It may not seem like a lot to you---but throw in a baby, starting back at work and then some........ things get a little more emotional and harder this time around. (jeez, I am such a negative nancy)

Jamie and I are professionals at "distance"----we started out that way and we have dealt with it. Maybe not gracefully at all times---but we made it and I do believe it has made us incredibly stronger.

But yes, here I am and the anxiety sets in. Will he be okay? Will he be safe?
Will James be okay?
How much will Jamie miss out on in the next 2 1/2 months?
Will we talk everyday?
What if James gets sick?
(FIRST TIME MOM.....right here!!!)

The truth is, I don't want him to leave. That sounds selfish. And I hate that I am being selfish about the situtaion. All summer I have had waves of anger, resentment, sadness, anxiety and joy for the situation. I know this is a sacrifice that Jamie is making for our family as it will ultimately (fingers crossed) give us a new place to call home......

I understand that things could always be worse. He could be gone even longer. Etc. Etc.

But candidly, it's going to be hard.
So yes for the next week, I plan on squeezing my husband a little tighter and a little longer. =)
Look on the bright side, James will know what Skype is at a very young age and I am planning on documenting each day for Jamie..........and taking pictures every single day for him to see the difference!!

Love,
The Seidl Sprouts