Thank You.


The past 11 months has been centered around either being preggo or now having a little one---but the truth is---the simple things make the biggest difference. I say this whether you have a child or not.

We were taught (hopefully) to say thank you when we received a birthday gift, a compliment or even when someone passed the butter at the dinner table. However, now more than ever I have a new found appreciation (ha) for those two little words "Thank You."

Yes, our family has been extremely blessed by all the outpouring love---the gifts, the phone calls, the cards and visits. I can't even begin to tell you how THANKFUL we are for all of this.

With all that being said--there is a different type of "thank you" I am referring to. It is the one that you give your husband for waking up at 2:00am and feeding the baby. Or when he stops everything to fill the bottle up with 2 more ounces of formula. Just a small whisper, "thank you."

And when it is reciprocated---by taking baby out of the house just so he can have some time to study and be alone---"thank you" is vocalized from the top of the stairs with a smile.

These are the moments that I am talking about that make those simple words even more meaningful.

Why might you ask? Why does it make all the difference?

Because parenthood is overwhelming at times. Because sometimes that screaming child can make you snap at one another. Because pure exhaustion makes you say things and do things you aren't proud of---hence also the power of "I am sorry" but that will be saved for another time.

"Thank You" makes the world of difference becuause it allows you to stop in that moment and let your partner know that they are appreciated and loved.

Those two simple words have got us through many days.
Love and thanks,
The SeidlSprouts