Two Become One.

As personal as this may be---this sums up our visit to see Great Grandpa Karabatsos:

"After grandma's funeral, I spent those first two weeks mourning. I am still mourning but I realized had all this time to think. Think about the good times. The bad times. The indifferent times. And I thought back to what the priest said at Grandma's funeral about 'two becoming one' when you marry someone. I had heard this saying before but never agreed with it. How can two really become one? Two people means two different thought processes, emotions, wants, needs, desires and beliefs. But it wasn't until I turned over in bed to reach for your grandmother or walk into the living room to find her sitting in her chair that I realized that we really were ONE. And now I know and understand that saying because when your grandmother died, a piece of me has been forever lost. We were one."

-Grandpa Karabatsos

And as James and I were heading out, Grandpa Karbatsos pulled me close and told me he loved me and said, "You are imbedded in me."

This for me is what it truly means to love someone. To be committed to someone. To honor and respect someone.