Tomorrow.

James and I will be leaving bright and early tomorrow on I-80W. This is not only my first road trip by myself with the little nugget but it is also the first time that I will walk into 912 S 119th Court and not be greeted by the most beautiful woman---Grandma Lucy.

Yes, she wasn't there when we all traveled to Omaha for her funeral but this trip seems different. I have been anticipating this much-needed visit to my grandfather since the day James was born. I have been anxious to have Grandpa Karabatsos hold him and see his great-grandson who is named after him. As I know this will be a joyous occassion, I also know there will be a sense of sadness when I physically don't see her sitting in the chair or listening for her voice from the kitchen as she is talking to no one but herself.

I look back to April when we visited for Easter (the best decision I have ever made) and I remember seeing the deteriorationof her physical health but knew her spirit was fighting so hard to hold on. But God wanted and must've needed her in heaven sooner than any of us hoped or prayed for. And now looking back to the evening we returned from her funeral and I went into labor--I truly believe God had a plan.

James arrived the next day.

And now five weeks has passed. I am anticipating this visit to Omaha with high spirits because I know that is what Grandpa Karabatsos needs. But I will also arrive with a heavy heart as I wish things were different but know that she will be sitting there with us in the living room as we chat, laugh and reminisce.

Will share pictures soon!

Love,
The Seidl Sprouts