Are you my mother?

Dear Mom,

Today is dedicated to you.
They (calendar people) note it each year in the month of May to make sure we (your child/ren) will take a moment to say "thanks" or "I love you" or "I am lucky".
So here is my moment to you----a little note to write all the things you already should know---but deserve to hear every single day. And today is extra special because for every May to come--I get the honor to be calle "Mom". And I couldn't be more excited about this because I had the greatest mentor, teacher and friend to look up to. My gratitude for the lessons learned (good and bad) will never go unnoticed and I promise to keep those lessons close to my heart when raising our son. Cheers to you, Mom for all the little and BIG things you have taught me and shown me---you are simply the best. In honor of you, I thought I would share one of my very favorite books that you would read to me.

You are my mother. And you always will be--- no matter the distance.

Happy Mother's Day!
Love you,
Your daughter