Be Better.

How can I be a better person?
A better spouse?
A better friend?
A better sister?
A better co-worker?
A better soon-to-be mama?

Recently, these questions have been spinning through my head like someone on Ragbrai. I want to believe that I can answer these questions--but I don't have a concrete way of knowing I will fulfill these challenges in a perfect, graceful manner. All one can do is try, right?

I want to be more aware of my surroundings. I want to have a deeper intention with those individuals that make an impact on me, my marriage, my relationships (new and old), my faith and my future (which is about to perform somersaults). With that being said, how can I then make sure I am giving back?

I am fearful of losing those connections with individuals, with the outside world, with myself, with my spouse. This creates a fear inside of me that I want to embrace, rather than run away from.

I read. And read. And read. And read all these blogs about how much a baby changes your life. I get it. I have this concept imbedded in my short term and long term memory for goodness sakes--but I also have been struggling with the concept as a part of me doesn't want it to take control of my life.

I linger back to, "How can I be better" when knowlingly there is a baby coming into our lives?

This is what I have come up with:

-Pray and believe in the power of prayer
-No matter how hectic life gets--keep lines of communication open
-Don't be afraid to ask for help
-Make time for myself
-Jamie and I have already decided that one night each month we will go "somewhere" (not a date night in the house)
-Say Thank You More
-Go outside and get fresh air (ask a friend to come with)
-Set up date nights that involve other couples
-Have a glass of wine
-Tell Jamie how grateful I am for him and kiss him longer than 5 seconds everyday
-Travel---even if that means leaving Baby Sizzlet for a weekend with Grandma Bone or Grandma Karen


This is the start.......baby steps right?

Any suggestions on how to be better are welcome in this house!!!

Love,
The SeidlSprouts