I write this from my front porch on a beautiful march evening. I successfully walked Scrubs and placed the clean dishes in the cabinets. My plastic blue cup filled with water is keeping me company as I watch the sun go down and hear the traffic steadily speed by on interstate 35.
And as I listen intently to the birds, I can't help but feel overwhelmingly foolish for the thoughts going through my head--but we all have those days when we aren't 100% happy. Right? Today is one of those days. So I want to believe I am allowed to have it.
I wonder...how much wasted time do I let pass in my life thinking about things that shouldn't even require that much thought. Or how much wasted time do I commit my heart to trying to understand why things are the way they are. In a nutshell...do I continually over analyze LIFE? I have always been self reflective. And reflective in my relationships. My past. My present. My future. And as I am not feeling the most chipper tonight, I wonder if I should just say screw it and head back inside, take a hot bath, butter my enormous belly and call it a night without getting "out" everything I am feeling inside.
Have you ever thought what is too much reflection or maybe not enough reflection?
And as I listen intently to the birds, I can't help but feel overwhelmingly foolish for the thoughts going through my head--but we all have those days when we aren't 100% happy. Right? Today is one of those days. So I want to believe I am allowed to have it.
I wonder...how much wasted time do I let pass in my life thinking about things that shouldn't even require that much thought. Or how much wasted time do I commit my heart to trying to understand why things are the way they are. In a nutshell...do I continually over analyze LIFE? I have always been self reflective. And reflective in my relationships. My past. My present. My future. And as I am not feeling the most chipper tonight, I wonder if I should just say screw it and head back inside, take a hot bath, butter my enormous belly and call it a night without getting "out" everything I am feeling inside.
Have you ever thought what is too much reflection or maybe not enough reflection?