Happy Monday y'all!
The sun is shining. It is a new week--week 27 for me, Jamie and Baby Seidl. After this week, we will have successfully completed the 2nd trimester---pure craziness!
Jamie turned to me in the kitchen after making me scrambled eggs and crispy hashbrowns, "I can't remember when you were NOT pregnant!"
I took this as him being super excited for the arrival of our little man and that made my heart swell.
The biggest news I have is that we have FINISHED BABY SEIDL'S NURSERY!! I say this with such pride because Jamie and I have been working so hard on this craft project. This project has been on our minds for quite some time as we weren't agreeing on what we would do with his room. The first step was Jamie painting the room a light mint green---sucess. The next step was agreeing on a "theme"--this ended up going the opposite direction. We returned a "jungle" themed bedding piece and settled on an idea that Jamie came up with. We went to Michael and found unfinished wooden frames that had a mirror in the center. From there, we picked out wooden letters that would spell out our little man's name. (Please, please, please keep in mind how long this project took as Jamie is the most maticulous person you will ever meet!) The colors were chosen. Phone calls were made to Nicole Anderson for artisitic guidance. And several trips to Michael's and Hobby Lobby were made!!
It is hard to get the full affect as the top middle frame is actually purple. From there, we painted the letters a bright orange.
And finally this weekend, after measuring the space we had above the crib and Jamie making sure the angles were perfect---we hot glue gunned the letters onto the mirror and we hung the frames.
(I am still going to continue to write....)
A name.
His Name.
What a difference a name spelled across a wall can make. Jamie and I found ourselves walking upstairs, turning on the light and just staring. There was almost a sense of relief that came over us as we knew, "TOGETHER" we built a space for our little guy to grow in his first year of life. And that time we spent doing so---the five coats of pain on the frames, the four on the letters, the seven coats of gloss, etc was all for this moment. Jamie said, "Now all we need is that face to go with that name. But he needs to stay in there a little longer."
(precious words from Dad)
So, now you are thinking where and the heck are the pictures with the finished product?
Well, we realized that his name is pretty much out of the box now that we have it up in the nursery---which is fine but I don't have any pictures to post at this time.
At any rate, thank you for listening.
We are so excited to meet our little man and this weekend made us feel like we were one step closer to that first meeting!!!
Love,
The Seidl Sprouts
The sun is shining. It is a new week--week 27 for me, Jamie and Baby Seidl. After this week, we will have successfully completed the 2nd trimester---pure craziness!
Jamie turned to me in the kitchen after making me scrambled eggs and crispy hashbrowns, "I can't remember when you were NOT pregnant!"
I took this as him being super excited for the arrival of our little man and that made my heart swell.
The biggest news I have is that we have FINISHED BABY SEIDL'S NURSERY!! I say this with such pride because Jamie and I have been working so hard on this craft project. This project has been on our minds for quite some time as we weren't agreeing on what we would do with his room. The first step was Jamie painting the room a light mint green---sucess. The next step was agreeing on a "theme"--this ended up going the opposite direction. We returned a "jungle" themed bedding piece and settled on an idea that Jamie came up with. We went to Michael and found unfinished wooden frames that had a mirror in the center. From there, we picked out wooden letters that would spell out our little man's name. (Please, please, please keep in mind how long this project took as Jamie is the most maticulous person you will ever meet!) The colors were chosen. Phone calls were made to Nicole Anderson for artisitic guidance. And several trips to Michael's and Hobby Lobby were made!!
It is hard to get the full affect as the top middle frame is actually purple. From there, we painted the letters a bright orange.
And finally this weekend, after measuring the space we had above the crib and Jamie making sure the angles were perfect---we hot glue gunned the letters onto the mirror and we hung the frames.
(I am still going to continue to write....)
A name.
His Name.
What a difference a name spelled across a wall can make. Jamie and I found ourselves walking upstairs, turning on the light and just staring. There was almost a sense of relief that came over us as we knew, "TOGETHER" we built a space for our little guy to grow in his first year of life. And that time we spent doing so---the five coats of pain on the frames, the four on the letters, the seven coats of gloss, etc was all for this moment. Jamie said, "Now all we need is that face to go with that name. But he needs to stay in there a little longer."
(precious words from Dad)
So, now you are thinking where and the heck are the pictures with the finished product?
Well, we realized that his name is pretty much out of the box now that we have it up in the nursery---which is fine but I don't have any pictures to post at this time.
At any rate, thank you for listening.
We are so excited to meet our little man and this weekend made us feel like we were one step closer to that first meeting!!!
Love,
The Seidl Sprouts