I am an emotional person.
Not necessarily the type where I cry all the time--but I get sentimental quite easily.
Growing up, someone would constantly remind me that crying wasn't a "good" thing. That crying or getting "emotional" wasn't acceptable. To this day, I still hear that stupid quote in my head, "Now Beth, don't get emotional."
Stupid, huh?
I got emotional last night. And no, not just because I am pregnant---but I got a emotional because I let my fears overcome the excitement. And instead of hearing that stupid quote as I would expect---I instead heard, "Beth, it's okay to be scared but we are a team. We are a team and we will get through it together."
This was all in regards to "labor." Call me crazy, but yes I am scared out of my mind about delivering our little guy. And yes, logically I know that it is in God's hands--but then I sit there and I read all the stages of labor and what you are supposed to experience and then.....I FREAK!!
As Jamie laid next to me--throwing the book to the side---I felt a sense of PEACE come over me when he regarded us as a team. That he believes in his heart that what we will experience on the day of our son's birth is a team effort.
Sorry---I know this is once again to sentimental. But I had to share because sometimes I have found my own fears tend to overshadow the "good". So, maybe instead of jumping to fear I should believe in our team a little more.
Go Team Seidl!
Love,
The Seidl Sprouts
Not necessarily the type where I cry all the time--but I get sentimental quite easily.
Growing up, someone would constantly remind me that crying wasn't a "good" thing. That crying or getting "emotional" wasn't acceptable. To this day, I still hear that stupid quote in my head, "Now Beth, don't get emotional."
Stupid, huh?
I got emotional last night. And no, not just because I am pregnant---but I got a emotional because I let my fears overcome the excitement. And instead of hearing that stupid quote as I would expect---I instead heard, "Beth, it's okay to be scared but we are a team. We are a team and we will get through it together."
This was all in regards to "labor." Call me crazy, but yes I am scared out of my mind about delivering our little guy. And yes, logically I know that it is in God's hands--but then I sit there and I read all the stages of labor and what you are supposed to experience and then.....I FREAK!!
As Jamie laid next to me--throwing the book to the side---I felt a sense of PEACE come over me when he regarded us as a team. That he believes in his heart that what we will experience on the day of our son's birth is a team effort.
Sorry---I know this is once again to sentimental. But I had to share because sometimes I have found my own fears tend to overshadow the "good". So, maybe instead of jumping to fear I should believe in our team a little more.
Go Team Seidl!
Love,
The Seidl Sprouts