Making Progress.....

Good evening from the Seidl household!!! (I am doing that in my annoying Ty Pennington voice).

Anywho...we had quite the busy weekend as we were bound and determined to get the nursery furniture completed! We have had our eyes out for the perfect changing table, dresser/chest and bedstand for quite some time but weren't having much luck. We realized that furniture stores like to "jack" up the prices on legitimate changing tables because.....THEY CAN. So we ventured around the stores looking at regular chests and dressers---knowing that we can just put a changing pad on top of it. We found this to be just as effective in practicality and in cost!

On Thursday as I was venturing through World Market---I came across a set that I really, really liked. I took pictures and sent them to Jamie. He was impressed enough by the pictures that he met me as soon as he was finished at the hospital. And he liked it even more in person!!! Whoooopppeeeee!! We have a winner, winner chicken dinner!!

The only catch-----we had to assemble all three pieces!! That means...all drawers......everything!!! It took us quite some time but we officially made progress.

We already had the crib but we placed the 6 drawer dresser next to it!!

And this is what we will be using for the changing table. We just need to get the pad...

All in all---I could see the pride in Jamie's face once the room was completed. I am looking forward to decorating now!! However, when it comes down to it......that baby just needs a safe place to sleep and stuff for his mama and daddy to put his clothes away in.

I think every weekend we have made some sort of stride in preparing for Baby Sizzlet....which makes us that more anxious to have him here!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends!!!
Much love,
The SeidlSprouts