Once the ball drops, the kisses are finished and the hangover subsides ---a majority of people will vocalize their "new year's resolution."
Surprisingly, I made it to see the ball drop, I received an awkward kiss from Jamie (my dad was in the living room) and my hangover was not alcohol induced--rather calorie induced.
Ten days have passed so I only found it fitting to lay out what I wish, hope, pray and promise in this new 2012 year. I am not quite sure if all will be accomplished but I can surely try. I want to believe if I write it to you--I may be more accountable to follow through. So six months from now, check up on me and see if I have stuck to the following promises:
1. In the coming months, my body will drastically change more than it already has (which has been struggle). I am "HOPING" that in the next four 1/2 months I will try my best to speak positivily of these changes and know they are temporary.
2. Organize, organize, organize!! Organize all closets, shelves, kitchen shelves, bathroom shelves--EVERYTHING! Space isn't a grandioso thing in our little townhouse so space saving ideas are welcomed at my place.
3. Keep on reading. I received some amazing books for Christmas. I just finished Blue Nights by Joan Didion and I am about to begin the biography of Steve Jobs. When I am not reading about the Apple Genius--I have been busy reading anything and everything BABY! Jamie asked me to start reading the dictionary to Baby Seidl. I have been fairly good about this promise--but I know that "reading" is something very important I want to instill in our little guy.
4. Remain Calm. Let's be honest people---I am going to be pushing a baby out of a place that seems smaller than a silver dollar. (Sorry for being graphic) The truth is--I am scared out of my mind. But I am making the promise to myself and to Jamie that as long as I focus on him, breathe deep and focus---we will get through it TOGETHER!
5. Make time for Beth. This may sound selfish. However, I am praying that I don't lose my sense of self once I have this little nugget or when I feel like I haven't slept for five days straight. I want to make sure I make at least 15 minutes for myself each day.
6. BE HEALTHY! Everyone bounces back from pregancy differently. Quite frankly, I am not sure how my body will react. Some people give birth and they fit right back into their clothes (I CAN ONLY WISH) but I know I need to be patient with myself and also push myself. Another PROMISE!
7. Cook, cook and cook. I love to cook! I don't want to lose this part of life. Cooking has made me feel worthwhile to Jamie while he has been in medical school because it is a time where him and I share the good, the bad and the ugly of our days. I am promising that the food will be on the table---may not be the best or the warmest--but I will continue to cook!
8. Write. Write. Write. Write. (I think you get the point)
9. Pray. Jamie and I have said the same prayer every night since we got engaged. We now just hold my belly and say it with the baby. But prayer is so powerful and it gives me a lot of peace. I look forward to praying with Baby Seidl once he arrives and making it a daily, family routine.
10. Love.
There you have it.
Of course, I could list more.
I just want to make sure that all of us are happy and healthy this new year!!
What would be your top ten promises for 2012???
Love,
The SeidlSprouts
Surprisingly, I made it to see the ball drop, I received an awkward kiss from Jamie (my dad was in the living room) and my hangover was not alcohol induced--rather calorie induced.
Ten days have passed so I only found it fitting to lay out what I wish, hope, pray and promise in this new 2012 year. I am not quite sure if all will be accomplished but I can surely try. I want to believe if I write it to you--I may be more accountable to follow through. So six months from now, check up on me and see if I have stuck to the following promises:
1. In the coming months, my body will drastically change more than it already has (which has been struggle). I am "HOPING" that in the next four 1/2 months I will try my best to speak positivily of these changes and know they are temporary.
2. Organize, organize, organize!! Organize all closets, shelves, kitchen shelves, bathroom shelves--EVERYTHING! Space isn't a grandioso thing in our little townhouse so space saving ideas are welcomed at my place.
3. Keep on reading. I received some amazing books for Christmas. I just finished Blue Nights by Joan Didion and I am about to begin the biography of Steve Jobs. When I am not reading about the Apple Genius--I have been busy reading anything and everything BABY! Jamie asked me to start reading the dictionary to Baby Seidl. I have been fairly good about this promise--but I know that "reading" is something very important I want to instill in our little guy.
4. Remain Calm. Let's be honest people---I am going to be pushing a baby out of a place that seems smaller than a silver dollar. (Sorry for being graphic) The truth is--I am scared out of my mind. But I am making the promise to myself and to Jamie that as long as I focus on him, breathe deep and focus---we will get through it TOGETHER!
5. Make time for Beth. This may sound selfish. However, I am praying that I don't lose my sense of self once I have this little nugget or when I feel like I haven't slept for five days straight. I want to make sure I make at least 15 minutes for myself each day.
6. BE HEALTHY! Everyone bounces back from pregancy differently. Quite frankly, I am not sure how my body will react. Some people give birth and they fit right back into their clothes (I CAN ONLY WISH) but I know I need to be patient with myself and also push myself. Another PROMISE!
7. Cook, cook and cook. I love to cook! I don't want to lose this part of life. Cooking has made me feel worthwhile to Jamie while he has been in medical school because it is a time where him and I share the good, the bad and the ugly of our days. I am promising that the food will be on the table---may not be the best or the warmest--but I will continue to cook!
8. Write. Write. Write. Write. (I think you get the point)
9. Pray. Jamie and I have said the same prayer every night since we got engaged. We now just hold my belly and say it with the baby. But prayer is so powerful and it gives me a lot of peace. I look forward to praying with Baby Seidl once he arrives and making it a daily, family routine.
10. Love.
There you have it.
Of course, I could list more.
I just want to make sure that all of us are happy and healthy this new year!!
What would be your top ten promises for 2012???
Love,
The SeidlSprouts