Gracious Time.

It is so easy and simple to say "thank you."
I try my best to say it---even when I may not be receiving something tangible like a gift or chocolate. I have realized that far too often we don't say thank you enough to those individuals in our lives who are just simply, THERE.

I think about my best friends and family members. Some I talk to more regularly. Some I don't talk to for weeks at a time. However, every single, special person in my life receives the same amount of gratitude in my heart. I received a text the other day from a friend who heard a song on the radio and thought of me and sealed it with an "I love you." It was received at the most random part of my day--but it made such an impact! I do know that my family and friends are the most important people in my lives. Every one of them is unique, special, giving and loving. I couldn't be more grateful to be surrounded (near and far) by such beautiful people.

So onto....the gracious time I entitled this post:

Jamie and I had a very "different" Thanksgiving---our plans were made within a 3 hour period and we just went with it. Jamie had started his General Surgery rotation on Monday so the odds of him being able to get time off for Thanksgiving didn't sound to promising--however, to our surprise the doc gave him the day off. I was set to work the day after Thanksgiving so we couldn't attend Jamie or my family gatherings. Jamie's family was in Manning, Iowa, while my family was in Omaha. Instead, Jamie and I packed Scrubs in the car and we drove to Waterloo to see Grandpa Regan. This was our gracious time, as I like to call it. A time where we (Jamie and I) were able to sit, talk, listen and truly enjoy Grandpa Regan--with no interruptions or distractions. And I have to say, the nursing home's cafeteria fed us well and we were able to really enjoy one another. Grandpa talked about his kids, his health, his faith and how Jamie was going to be such a wonderful father. He referred to Baby Seidl as a boy every single time! It was so precious.

Our gracious time was a total of three hours with him----and although, it may have been short, it was truly worth every second. I captured a picture of Jamie and his grandfather, of course and couldn't help but smile as I walked away after receiving a hug from Grandpa Regan when he said, "You keep that baby boy growing in that belly of yours."

(Oh will it be such a let down if it is a little girl!)

Thank you to all my friends and family. Jamie and I are so incredibly grateful to all of you!!

I will leave you with a picture of the Christmas Tree at my mom's (we were able to visit this weekend and successfully put up the tree).

Love
The Seidl Sprouts