There is such a peace that I am experiencing today.
I am not quite sure how to explain it--but I really do love it.
It may be the crispness of the air.
Or the way the sky has seemed so clear at night.
It may be the feeling I am getting when I breathe in the air and smell as if Fall is peeking it's head around the corner. All I know is that it makes me feel extremely joyful.
I woke up this morning and thought about how life can change so fast. Like a light switch or the changing of the wind. Everything seems to just change so fast. This thought made me reach back to something that Joan Didion said in her book, "The Year of Magical Thinking."
She wrote:
"Life changes in the instant. The ordinary instant.”
Instant?
Instant Coffee?
Instant Oatmeal?
Instant gratification?
Instant life?
Instant love (at first site)?
Instant reaction?
Instant loss?
Whatever that instant is, I didn't feel overwhelming anxious about this notion. It actually made me pause and think about all the instantaneous things that I either take for granted or I don't notice. I obviously thought of the good things that are instant. The ordinary things: a kiss on the forehead, a call from a friend, a hug from my mom, getting great news, reading a book, etc.
But then I paused.
The unordinary changes are those that we didn't expect or didn't see coming. I think of things like: death, an accident, a tragedy, a natural disaster, etc. Those are things we deem unordinary.
Yet, they are all part of life.
And then I paused again.
I asked myself, "What do we see as an ordinary change? What do we see as an unordinary change?"
Do we separate these notions by a positive or a negative?
Do we separate them by belief?
Do we separate them by who is involved?
I certainly don't have the answers to these questions. But what I do know is my unordinary list of CHANGES need to be regarded in a more positive light--and hopefully that will help when those instant changes occur?
Maybe.
Yes.
Maybe.
Today has been such a perfect day. Good day of thinking. Good day of feeling so incredibly blessed. Good day of wanting to hold my loved ones close.
Love,
The Seidl Sprouts
I am not quite sure how to explain it--but I really do love it.
It may be the crispness of the air.
Or the way the sky has seemed so clear at night.
It may be the feeling I am getting when I breathe in the air and smell as if Fall is peeking it's head around the corner. All I know is that it makes me feel extremely joyful.
I woke up this morning and thought about how life can change so fast. Like a light switch or the changing of the wind. Everything seems to just change so fast. This thought made me reach back to something that Joan Didion said in her book, "The Year of Magical Thinking."
She wrote:
"Life changes in the instant. The ordinary instant.”
Instant?
Instant Coffee?
Instant Oatmeal?
Instant gratification?
Instant life?
Instant love (at first site)?
Instant reaction?
Instant loss?
Whatever that instant is, I didn't feel overwhelming anxious about this notion. It actually made me pause and think about all the instantaneous things that I either take for granted or I don't notice. I obviously thought of the good things that are instant. The ordinary things: a kiss on the forehead, a call from a friend, a hug from my mom, getting great news, reading a book, etc.
But then I paused.
The unordinary changes are those that we didn't expect or didn't see coming. I think of things like: death, an accident, a tragedy, a natural disaster, etc. Those are things we deem unordinary.
Yet, they are all part of life.
And then I paused again.
I asked myself, "What do we see as an ordinary change? What do we see as an unordinary change?"
Do we separate these notions by a positive or a negative?
Do we separate them by belief?
Do we separate them by who is involved?
I certainly don't have the answers to these questions. But what I do know is my unordinary list of CHANGES need to be regarded in a more positive light--and hopefully that will help when those instant changes occur?
Maybe.
Yes.
Maybe.
Today has been such a perfect day. Good day of thinking. Good day of feeling so incredibly blessed. Good day of wanting to hold my loved ones close.
Love,
The Seidl Sprouts