Jamie and I are a team.
I say this (not boastfully), but in a matter of fact type of way.
With him, I am a better person--more grounded, at peace and open-minded.
And I think when he is with me---he is able to be a little more outgoing, silly and open.
Behind closed doors (no matter how tight of a friendship we may have with others)---a marriage endures things that many will never see nor want to know. Some of these things are good. Some can be bad. For the past two years, Jamie and I have cohesively dealt with the stress of medical school. These statements are not meant to bring about sympathy---but only to state the obvious. The only thing I have to say is that I truly respect married couples or engaged couples or even people who date during professional school! It isn't fun. There isn't much romance. You realize rather quickly that a Bio-Chemistry Book and Anatomy is heck of a lot more enticing than.......YOU. (insert Scrubs here)
I know I talk alot about how proud I am of Jamie---which is all true. But sometimes, I forget to add that I am proud of us. I am proud of us because we have balanced each other. Rather than making excuses and saying we are busy, tired, stressed or upset--we always rely on one another to create a peacefulness back in our home. By no means am I saying it has been rainbows and butterflies, but we have managed to find that balance and know when one or the other person needs a "pick me up" or a "pep-talk". I tend to get the "pick me up" and Jamie tends to get the "pep-talk."
Therefore, this brings me to probably one of the biggest days of our lives (since our wedding)---Jamie is currently 2 hours and 47 minutes into the test and it is a rigorous 9 hours long. Boy oh boy...I wish I was there to give him a 15 minute back rub or refill his water bottle. However, last night we were able to come together and walk down to the park with Scrubs. I gave him a card with a letter inside (words will not be fully disclosed)--but basically what I said was "Be confident. Believe in yourself. Carry God with you. And never give up."
We strolled back to the house and had a lovely dinner--his favorite: PORK TENDERLOIN with extra ketchup, mustard and pickles of course (which I have been craving for the past three weeks).
It was an A+ type of night.
So I sit here, not being able to concentrate at work because I wish I was right next to him......giving him a little boost to continue through the test or to nudge him if he slightly forget something we went over when I quizzed him. But here I am--trying to breathe and not look at the clock. Here I am, trusting and believing that God is watching over him and he will do an amazing job on this test!!
In the meantime, here is somethign that exemplifies one of the many reasons Jamie and I work---as a team:
With all my love and support to my husband,
Beth
(The Seidl Sprouts)
I say this (not boastfully), but in a matter of fact type of way.
With him, I am a better person--more grounded, at peace and open-minded.
And I think when he is with me---he is able to be a little more outgoing, silly and open.
Behind closed doors (no matter how tight of a friendship we may have with others)---a marriage endures things that many will never see nor want to know. Some of these things are good. Some can be bad. For the past two years, Jamie and I have cohesively dealt with the stress of medical school. These statements are not meant to bring about sympathy---but only to state the obvious. The only thing I have to say is that I truly respect married couples or engaged couples or even people who date during professional school! It isn't fun. There isn't much romance. You realize rather quickly that a Bio-Chemistry Book and Anatomy is heck of a lot more enticing than.......YOU. (insert Scrubs here)
I know I talk alot about how proud I am of Jamie---which is all true. But sometimes, I forget to add that I am proud of us. I am proud of us because we have balanced each other. Rather than making excuses and saying we are busy, tired, stressed or upset--we always rely on one another to create a peacefulness back in our home. By no means am I saying it has been rainbows and butterflies, but we have managed to find that balance and know when one or the other person needs a "pick me up" or a "pep-talk". I tend to get the "pick me up" and Jamie tends to get the "pep-talk."
Therefore, this brings me to probably one of the biggest days of our lives (since our wedding)---Jamie is currently 2 hours and 47 minutes into the test and it is a rigorous 9 hours long. Boy oh boy...I wish I was there to give him a 15 minute back rub or refill his water bottle. However, last night we were able to come together and walk down to the park with Scrubs. I gave him a card with a letter inside (words will not be fully disclosed)--but basically what I said was "Be confident. Believe in yourself. Carry God with you. And never give up."
We strolled back to the house and had a lovely dinner--his favorite: PORK TENDERLOIN with extra ketchup, mustard and pickles of course (which I have been craving for the past three weeks).
It was an A+ type of night.
So I sit here, not being able to concentrate at work because I wish I was right next to him......giving him a little boost to continue through the test or to nudge him if he slightly forget something we went over when I quizzed him. But here I am--trying to breathe and not look at the clock. Here I am, trusting and believing that God is watching over him and he will do an amazing job on this test!!
In the meantime, here is somethign that exemplifies one of the many reasons Jamie and I work---as a team:
With all my love and support to my husband,
Beth
(The Seidl Sprouts)