Acceptance. Stress. Support.

Acceptance:
So many times I feel as though people try to be accepted by others rather than accepting themselves--first and foremost. I can't help but notice that so many of us conform to what others want us to be or how others think we should look.

It took me quite some time to realize that whether I am a size 4 or a size 14---the people who truly love me, will continue to love me. And I have also come to accept that I have made plenty of mistakes in my life--only to hope and pray that those wrong doings will be forgiven (not only by others, but myself).

If only we could spend more time accepting ourselves and where we are in our lives, our careers, our relationships and our personal endeavors--we may all be a bit less.......stressed.


Stress
I hate this word. I hate the concept.
And yes, I know "hate" is a strong word.
However, I think it is a fair assessment that stress is no one's friend.
Lately, it has been a bit stressful around the Seidl household. Jamie is  9 days away from taking the national boards and this is a major "event" in his medical school journey. Many don't understand the amount of time and dedication he needs to put in, but then again--I guess that goes back to the acceptance issue. I know I continue to say this, but I can't even begin to express how proud I am of him. Sitting in that black leather chair, hunched over for 10+ hours studying takes a lot of will power.
And although Jamie has been stressed and life isn't too fun right now, I can truly see a light at the end of the tunnel. I know this light will shine a bit brighter as we near the end of medical school.
So enough of that--I found this quote and it hit home for me, "There is more to life than increasing its speed." ~Mohandas K. Gandhi

This brings me to my last thought: SUPPORT.

It may not be easy to watch a loved one be stressed or unaccepting of themself, but when you stand by them and provide them support--it will make their situation a bit easier/better. Far too often, we may feel like there is no sense in giving much needed support because we are afraid of rejection--but I have learned that the more postiive reinforcement and support you give to others--the better the outcome.

So with a little support and patience, I pray and hope that everyone finds a little more acceptance for others and themself. I pray and hope that the stress that may overcome you each day will be exchanged for a prayer, a walk outside or a letter written to a friend.


Love,
Seidl Sprouts