It has certainly been awhile!! What a month--and I can't believe it is almost April!!
Jamie and I have officially celebrated our one year anniversary! Yippee! We embarked on our journey to Cancun, Mexico where we were greeted with 84 degree weather. We stayed at the Gran Melia Cancun which is one of the larger properties along the strip of hotels. It is enormous! Our first night we went straight to La Pearla which is a seafood restuarant and it was fantastic.....we both had sea bass with shrimp--yummy! The sea bass was huge. Jamie's first drink was a corona and mine was a Miami Vice! From there we toured the hotel and walked along the beach for a bit. Heaven!
We spent the next five days relaxing on the beach, soaking up the sun and getting into the ocean when the lifeguards let us. The entire beach had flags representing whether or not it was safe to go in the water. Yellow flags meant extreme caution (this was how it was for most of the week) or there were red flags which meant no swimming at all. Jamie and I saw at least three grown men get saved and at least five children. The undertow was extremely dangerous....which I found out if that ever happens you should swim sideways---no one taught me that at my swimming lessons. Thank goodness I have the boyscout/survival guide all to myself!
The night of our first anniversary was perfect. We made reservations at a place called Tempo. Great lighting. Piano player playing "It's A Wonderful World", and Jamie and I talking about how fast the year went. We aren't experts at marriage by any means....but we found that COMMUNICATION is so vital for a healthy, happy relationship. Looking back, we both can feel the love and excitement from our family and friends---the people who have stuck by us and supported us all along--we appreciate that!!
Enough babbling: here are some pics!!
Our first year anniversary dinner!
Jamie had the restaurant bring this out. He had to spell our last name quite a bit and they still couldn't quite get it--but we laughed! Mrs. Zeidi....hahahhha
To many more years---Cheers!
Love
B
Jamie and I have officially celebrated our one year anniversary! Yippee! We embarked on our journey to Cancun, Mexico where we were greeted with 84 degree weather. We stayed at the Gran Melia Cancun which is one of the larger properties along the strip of hotels. It is enormous! Our first night we went straight to La Pearla which is a seafood restuarant and it was fantastic.....we both had sea bass with shrimp--yummy! The sea bass was huge. Jamie's first drink was a corona and mine was a Miami Vice! From there we toured the hotel and walked along the beach for a bit. Heaven!
We spent the next five days relaxing on the beach, soaking up the sun and getting into the ocean when the lifeguards let us. The entire beach had flags representing whether or not it was safe to go in the water. Yellow flags meant extreme caution (this was how it was for most of the week) or there were red flags which meant no swimming at all. Jamie and I saw at least three grown men get saved and at least five children. The undertow was extremely dangerous....which I found out if that ever happens you should swim sideways---no one taught me that at my swimming lessons. Thank goodness I have the boyscout/survival guide all to myself!
The night of our first anniversary was perfect. We made reservations at a place called Tempo. Great lighting. Piano player playing "It's A Wonderful World", and Jamie and I talking about how fast the year went. We aren't experts at marriage by any means....but we found that COMMUNICATION is so vital for a healthy, happy relationship. Looking back, we both can feel the love and excitement from our family and friends---the people who have stuck by us and supported us all along--we appreciate that!!
Enough babbling: here are some pics!!
Our first year anniversary dinner!
Jamie had the restaurant bring this out. He had to spell our last name quite a bit and they still couldn't quite get it--but we laughed! Mrs. Zeidi....hahahhha
To many more years---Cheers!
Love
B